For the submission of works, the followings are the criteria:
1. Photography must include about 10 images for each of the interior and exterior of sites, at 1000 pixels wide, and at low-resolution.
2. Blueprints include the site plan, the main floor plans and the section plans.
3. Outlines of the work should include considerations of the architect, the basic design and working design, the location, the use of the building, the building area, the total floor area and so on.
4. Brief architectural explanation should be about one A4 page in length.
5. The architect’s profile and contact information.
For the submission of articles, the followings are the criteria:
1. About 6000 words per article; references and annotations should be correct.
2. About 10 pieces of artwork must be related to the article.
3. The Author’s profile and contact information
If you submit an article or work as according to the details above, we will send a first response within two to four weeks after careful examination. After a decision for publication is made, the second and third response is sent to discuss revisions of the draft, the nature of the article, the publication issue, the number of pages and so on.
SPACE, an international architectural magazine, rejects articles or works previously published in other magazines in order to maintain originality of content.
SPACE broadens the boundary of Korean architecture, crossing the centre and periphery of architecture. We look for significant and impactful architecture that allows us to reflect on our urban and rural areas, rather than following temporal trends that consider architecture as a mere image.
The selection process of articles and works is part of the meaningful messages and declarations that SPACE transmits across the art and architecture field. In this regard, we think that everyone applying for publication makes a contribution to SPACE, regardless of whether their work or article appears in the magazine or not.
Guest editors are invited to create thoughtful and practical discussions. In order to plan different features, we look for the participation of and the suggestions from architects, professors, researchers and so on who have gained expertise in the fields of art and architecture.
In principle, only regular readers can publish their work and articles in the magazine. A certain amount may be paid only to the author of the chosen article or work, who is sponsored by an outside organization.
We look for your counter-argument, differing opinions and criticism with regard to articles and works published in SPACE.